"Do's" and don'ts
Today's article has a very intriguing title - HOW TO LOOK LIKE A CROSSDERSSER. http://www.femulate.org/2026/08/how-to-look-like-crossdresser.html
Stana makes many valid and helpful points, but the one that hit me hardest was about wigs. As a person who has been folically challenged since I was 17, wigs are VERY important to Julie.
![]() |
| My First "Real Wig" - in my Lucy Period |
Stana says, "A cheap, shiny wig that looks as though it came from a Halloween costume shop is difficult to overlook. So is a wig that sits too high, too low or crooked on the head. Extremely long hair can also look out of place on someone whose face and wardrobe suggest a more mature woman. A good-quality wig in a believable color and age-appropriate style is one of the best investments a crossdresser can make."

Wig #2 - Better, but . . .
The biggest road block to a great wig is, of course, budget. I don't have a few hundred bucks to spend on hair. However, being an actor has opened some doors. Theaters often cull through their supplies, and I've managed to become friends with some costumers, as well as being in the right place at the right time on a few occasions.

To quote The Beatles, it's getting better all the time
The main difficulty with the cheaper pieces is maintenance. They don't hold up for long. But I look at it as "Research". Once I settle on a style and color, I'm willing to invest a few big bucks on a good wig.

Wig #4 - my current Go To.
The hunt for a good wig continues. I'll post updates here and when I find The One (and save up enough scratch to actually buy it) you'll be the first to know! Until then . . .



Comments
Post a Comment