Get Ready, Ladies. It's Going To Be A Bumpy Ride



-or- "Pour yourself a cuppa, snuggle in with your favorite sweater, and then get ready to pour your heart out, Sweetie."




We all go through seasons - I know this.  As The Byrds sang (after lifting it right out of the Book of Ecclesiastes) "To everything {turn, turn, turn} There is a Season {turn, turn, turn} And a Time to every Purpose Under Heaven"  The season I am currently experiencing is a VERY rough one, however - a time to look inward and try to figure out just what the heck is going on inside.

Once you decide upon a definition of a situation, the next step is you have to LIVE with that definition.  I have long stated that I understand myself to be a "hetero male to female crossdresser". I'm not looking to transition full time to female.  I'm not a woman trapped in a man's body. I have 2 sides that I enjoy expressing at different times.




In the past, I would look ahead to planned "Julie Time" - and those who know me know how much effort I put into it! It often took me 3 or 4 days to decide on an outfit for the upcoming outing.  And that merely hightened the expectations of the event - to the point that I got anxious as it got closer.  And if was to be a multi day excursion - WOW!

Last weekend I was planning one of these days - a Saturday all to myself.  Nothing exciting, grocery shopping and maybe a little Retail Therapy.  As I got up that morning, I had absolutely NO desire to get dressed.  I looked into my closet, at the outfit I had meticulously settled on the night before, and just stared at it. Then poured myself a second cup of coffee and plopped down in front of the TV for 3 hours. I wasn't even wearing my fuzzy pink bathrobe - just my drab blue one.

Fuzzy Pink Robe and Pink Toed Slipper-Socks

I did nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

A new experience for me.

As I got drab dressed to go to the grocery store, I didn't even underdress - no pantyhose under the jeans or anything. And it started me on a slow slope down for the rest of the day.  

Granted, it was only for about 36 hours. I soon pulled out of it. But my schedule for the rest of the weekend eliminated the possibility of Julie coming out to play. 

I missed the window.

And it hurt. (slight attempt at humor, but true none the less)

I guess my takeaway from this experience is best summed up with a quote from HAMLET Act I, Scene III - "To thine own self be true"  

And since I seem to be in a mood to quote others, let me finish with a piece of advice to myself from Ginger Rogers in SWING TIME - "Pick yourself up, Dust yourself off, Start all over again"


Stay Safe And Pretty, Sweeties 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down Memory Lane -- In Pumps

Blog Entey #130! - Where Everbody Wants To Know Your Name

Brief Encounter - Lasting Impression