He Made My Day!

 


I had a few hours to get out this afternoon, and I was looking forward to it, especially since I don't care two bits about "sports ball".  So I got all dolled up in my best weather appropriate outfit - black tights and pumps, black pencil skirt, hot pink top and 3/4 sleeve jacket.  I added a coat, grabbed my bag and headed out.



Absolultley nothing to report initially -- a stop at the ATM, then Dollar Tree (Always Panty Liners pack of 40 for $1.25 - who can resist!), Walmart (needed some make up) and then a snack.  It turns out the closest eattery of my choice (Perkins) is closed!  Gone!! Kaput!!!  Too bad, the staff there were ALWAYS friendly and complimentary.

So I went to the next closest - Denny's. I was in the mood for pie and coffee, so Denny's it is.

I walked in, it wasn't too busy, and the server at the counter was cashing someone out and said he'd be right with me.

He was a late 20's guy named Daniel. He took me to a booth ("Is a booth OK? Is a booth near the window OK?") then knelt down next to the table to get my drink order -- but not before he looked me in the eye and said, "May I say you look amazing." 

Wellll, I don't know if I'd say "Amazing", but . . . 

He served me well, was very attentive, and when I paid the bill I thanked him for his attention and kind words. He then said I'd tipped him too much -- when was the last time you heard THAT at a restaurant?  I told him that he had lifted my day with his words, and touched his arm without thinking. I pulled my hand back and asked "Is that OK?" He replied, "I'm a hugger" -- so we did! It wasn't until I got back in my car that I noticed I could still smell his cologne. Nothing too strong, not over bearing. It was like Daniel - just right.

I have never received close attention from a guy before, and I must say, if they're all like Daniel --- I could get used to it.😋

Stay Safe And Smell Pretty, Sweeties! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down Memory Lane -- In Pumps

Blog Entey #130! - Where Everbody Wants To Know Your Name

Brief Encounter - Lasting Impression