Steppin' Out As My Baby

 

Trying To Stay Cool
OK, life is like this.

After my recent post where I ranted (yes, I RANTED, no two ways about it) about getting out, I spent an entire day . . . out!

The weather outside was frightful (we don't usually get triple digit temps for more than a day or two, and it's now been over a week) but I had the opportunity and I went for it.

The usual - stores, errands, grab a bite and like that. But it was an enjoyable time.

OOTD

I selected my Outfit Of The Day - jean skirt, kitten heels, and VERY light weight pantyhose - and I hit the trail. First stop - Dollar Tree. I usually buy my make-up wipes there as they carry a very good brand, and I get 40 wipes for $1.25. Things got off to a great start as I approached the store - a family was going in right before me (Mom, Dad and 2 girls). As I got up to the door, Dad held it open for me, with a big smile on his face. Chivalry is NOT dead!

Bad News - Dollar Tree no longer carries that brand of make-up wipes! They had another brand, same count (same price, too!)(Duh!), so I bought a pack to try. The check out gal was SUPER kind, and as I was leaving, the woman who exited ahead of me made a point to hold the door open as I left - again, big smiles were exchanged with our words of Thanks and You're Welcome.

Next Stop - - - 

I then went to Mod Pizza - I needed a treat and they have the BEST dessert cakes. It's like a Ding Dong, a chocolate cake with white cream filling and covered in a chocolate shell, they call them No-Name Cakes. I got in line, and I told the gal what I wanted. She recommended their new flavor - strawberry lemonade! It was SOOO good! Anyway, I chatted for a bit with her and the other gal behind the counter -- pleasant talk and smiles all around!

Next stop, the mall. I had to go to Spencer's Gifts to get some batteries for . . . well, you fill in the blank. A Good Girl never talks about that kind of thing. 

Do I look demure???

I stepped up to the counter and the young gal there had the prettiest Blue Hair. I immediately complimented her, and we got into the story of how it was the first time she had tried dying her hair by herself and was unsure of the outcome.  I reassured her it looked good, and asked for my batteries. As she rang it up, she discovered that they are currently 2 for 1 - so I got 12 button batteries for the price of 6! I left her with the thought, "Know that your hair looks fierce - own it, Sweetie". She paused ever so slightly, then gave me a sincere "Thank You". (schmeep!) I litereally floated out of Spencer's!

Final Pic Of The Day

Then it was home again - feeling wonderful. I was out, I interacted with people, I had meaningful conversations -- what more can a girl ask for!

Stay Safe And Pretty, Sweeties.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He Made My Day!

Down Memory Lane -- In Pumps

Out and About -- FINALLY!