Wearing The Bra - Someone HasTo Do It



The other day I took an informal survey on the street -- that is, I watched people as they passed by. In the course of 8 hours in downtown, shopping malls, on the bus, in the workplace -- I counted 3 women in skirts and heels. No hose, but skirts and heels (and the "no hose" doesn't seem to matter if it's 90 degrees out or 30). But still, only 3, out of hundreds. Women are allowed to walk around in dresses and they choose not to, but if I tried to do it, I'd get arrested or something! What's wrong with this picture? I mean, these people have the "privilege" of dressing in a feminine manner, be it frilly and flirty or conservative and classy, and they choose not to. So what's wrong with someone wanting to fill the gap? (of course, I personally don't shop The Gap, but you know what I mean) We are putting an entire section of the fashion industry out of business here when there are people MORE than willing to do their part - to step up to the plate, as it were, and strap on the garters! What is wrong with this world, anyway? Why punish a segment of society for wanting to help keep free enterprise alive and thriving? I for one would like to step out and take a stand, in 3" heels and control tops if necessary, for equality in the market place. And if anyone is willing to join me, we can meet for drinks and discuss the matter.

Sister Julie - Fashion Activist!



"If you got it - FLAUNT it!" - Mel Brooks




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down Memory Lane -- In Pumps

Blog Entey #130! - Where Everbody Wants To Know Your Name

Brief Encounter - Lasting Impression