Dinner And An Eclipse

Friends are people who enjoy getting together just to get together.  A nice meal, good wine - those are extras.  When friends get together and share what's been going on in their lives - the ups AND the downs - and they all are genuinely concerned about and for one another, THAT is friendship.

Sunday night I invited Sarah and Linda over for a home cooked Chinese meal.  It had been a month or more since we'd been together, so we had a bit of catching up to do.  


Sarah brought the wine
And Linda brought the cheesecake

We enjoyed a nice Chicken Stir Fry meal (even if I do say so myself! ~~giggle~~) and lots of girl talk.  We talked together, ate together, and prayed together. All in all, a WONDERFUL evening that ended too soon. (Unfortunately, the effects of the wine and cheesecake DIDN'T end too soon.)

The next morning was Aug 21st - Eclipse Day.  I busied myself around the house while waiting for the event. Here in Spokane we experienced about 90 or so percent totality, so it was not blacked out but still impressive.


Inside the regular glasses or outside?


Outside, with glasses inside 

The problem with the eclipse was I experienced it alone.  Not that it was really a "problem", but it would have been nice to share the experience with someone.  I kept myself appeased by remembering the night before - which wasn't hard since I still had cheesecake left.  No wine, but it's after effects were still lingering! ~~giggle~~


Eclipse Outfit - denim skirt for day time, fancy top for night time
Stay safe and pretty, Sweeties.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down Memory Lane -- In Pumps

Blog Entey #130! - Where Everbody Wants To Know Your Name

Brief Encounter - Lasting Impression