Really Out And About

Typing in nails - no easy task
I had the occasion to travel out of town on business for 5 days and of course packed plenty of pretty things for a night or two of dining or hitting the outlet malls.  I did both.

This is a small coastal Washington town that I frequently visit on business, and this time I was determined to actually spend some pretty time out with people.  Since I know no one here (other than the folk I do business with) I am relegated to shopping and dining alone.  In the past, this has made me VERY apprehensive about going out.  But armed with the new found confidence and self determination that has been instilled in me by my Dear Sister Friends (you know who you are!) (YES - it's Sarah and Linda!!!) I made a plan and followed through.

After checking in at the hotel, I got pretty.



This town has two LARGE outlet malls, so I started there.  Into the Hanes Store looking for a long line bra - and not my usual "sneak in and look around, then when asked if I need help, a shy "No thanks" in a hushed voice".  No indeed.  I walked right up to the counter and asked the gal if they carried long line bras.  She showed me a few, but not what I was looking for (and even though it's an outlet store, VERY expensive!) I started out, then returned with "an unusual request" - I had to prove to some friends back home that I actually got out, so could they snap a photo of me in their store.  She was happy to help, thus showing it was NOT a selfie, but an actual photo taken by an ACTUAL person who was NOT me!
Cute, but not my style

This was repeated in the Claire's shop as well as Payless Shoes.



The lady taking this photo gave me a BIG hug when she handed my phone back

It was then off to Denny's (one of the few eateries in this town open after 8PM) where I indulged in pumpkin pie and coffee.



The following night I didn't get out until later, and the only thing open was Walmart (24 hours for all your cross dressing needs!). 


I picked up some make up, and got a snicker or two at the check out.  (the lady in line ahead of me - NOT the cashier. She was a sweetie) Whereas this would have sent me into a panic a month or so ago, I smiled back, said "Hi", and after paying for my stuff marched right into the ladies room to freshen up.


So There!

Back to Denny's for a late night snack (their apple crisp is HEAVENLY), then back to the hotel.

It was a wonderful trip, and I didn't want it to end. But all good things must!  


Love pumps - but . . . 
Until next time, stay safe and pretty, Sweeties!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down Memory Lane -- In Pumps

Blog Entey #130! - Where Everbody Wants To Know Your Name

Brief Encounter - Lasting Impression