Walk A Mile In Her Maternity Panties

A while back, I had a conversation with a friend who at the time was about 7 months pregnant.  We talked about the usual point - how "men just don't understand what it takes to carry a baby".  The upshot -- I volunteered to be pregnant for a day to experience it.  Without going into the specifics of the "foundation garments", after just 30 minutes I was a pleasant 7 Months Underway.  I opted for a dress that was roomy (because I don't have any Maternity Wear in my closet!) and started my 24 hours.


Right off the bat - sitting proved to be a problem.  Not so much the actual sitting as much as the getting down and back up again!  Especially without any help.  Trying to be lady like in a dress while maneuvering in and out of an easy chair was difficult as well, if not impossible.  


Lots of pressure in places where I've never felt pressure before!

For this reason, I decided that the dress was probably not the best choice and opted for a VERY stretchy pair of leggings and a large top.



The next "bump" in the road (giggle) was my initial trip to the loo.  It took FAR longer than it usually does, and was rather . . . messy.  I then changed into ANOTHER stretchy pair of leggings, also difficult doing it on my own!

Barefoot, Pregnant, and in the Kitchen
Barefoot, Pregnant, and in the Kitchen

The rest of the day went smoothly -- or as smoothly as could be expected.  At least I was wise enough to wear flats through it all.  My usual daily activities took longer (no surprise) and I got tired much faster (ALSO no surprise!)



Conclusion: men will NEVER fully understand what women go through when pregnant. (as if I needed to go through all this to realize THAT)

Anyway - - - Stay Safe and Pretty, Sweeties


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down Memory Lane -- In Pumps

Blog Entey #130! - Where Everbody Wants To Know Your Name

Brief Encounter - Lasting Impression