A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Outing

 

For the past "I don't know how many" years, I have been able to let Julie out most weekends - usually Saturday mornings. I meet with a friend for coffee and shopping, or I enjoy a nice breakfast out, and I usually get the weekly grocery shopping done.  Due to the sitution at home, I pack a bag on Friday night then head out early Saturday to one of my 2 "Changing Places". (as seen in this photo)

But lately I have been experiencing an unusualy phenomenon. I get the bag packed ok, but come Saturday morning I have no desire to go out.  The one thing that guarantees me actually following through is making an appointment with a friend. If we have arranged to meet, I have no problem. But if it's just me, on my own, I often (usually?) bail. It doesn't mean I don't want to dress. It doesn't mean I don't want to spend some Julie Time Out And About. But I can't seem to generate the motivation to go out.  I then regret the decision for the rest of the weekend.

Our local museum has a wonderful option for those of us that work 9 to 5. Their usual hours are 10 to 5, but on the third Thursday of every month they stay open late AND only charge half the admission price. Quite the deal. They have been hosting a sculpture exhibit that I wanted to see since January, and I have made arrangements with a few friends to go - but the plans always got sidetracked. And now the exhibit is closing and I missed it.  I don't blame anyone but myself. If only I had the gumption to go on my own, which I have done in the past - but to quote an old saying, "my get up and go got up and went".

I even bought a new skirt that has never seen the light of day


I have no idea how long this will last, how to "fix it", or why it's happening. But experience tells me this too shall pass.  However, until then, I leave you with the admonition that I seem to be unable (or unwilling???) to follow -- 

Stay Safe And Pretty Sweeties


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down Memory Lane -- In Pumps

Blog Entey #130! - Where Everbody Wants To Know Your Name

Brief Encounter - Lasting Impression