Watch What You Say -- (Blog #100!)

Blog #100!

And for this entry I've got quite a story. 

Out At The Mall

 I was out solo, at the main mall downtown Spokane.  I wanted to get dressed up, since most of my previous outings have been in leggings and sneakers.  So I chose my favorite red dress, grey pantyhose and a VERY comfoirtable pair of black pumps. 

After walking the mall for a while, I found a shop I'd never seen before, Brow Arc.  My brows are the weakest part of Julie's appearance, so after walking past the door twice, I ventured in.  The technician on duty was very nice, and when I finally got up the gumption to explain what I was looking for (a unisex brow trim) she was very helpful.  The price she quoted was incredibly low, and I was VERY tempted to go for it.  (FOOTNOTE: again, I was alone.  If my Dear Friend/Mama Bear Sarah had been present, I'm sure she would have had me in the chair before I knew it)  I hemmed and hawed and finally said I'd think about it.

A short while later, after leaving the mall, I had MAJOR second thoughts.  Later I was at Applebee's enjoying a glass of wine and mozarella sticks.

Waiting for a bar stool

As I sat there enjoying my treat, I was comisserating over not getting my brows sculpted.  At that moment, the bartender (Anna) approached me and asked if everything was OK.  I know the look on my face was telegraphing some concern,  but I didn't want to go into the whole thing.  The first thing that came out of my mouth was "I've been stood up".  She stepped right up with "His loss!", and went on to offer me a small sweet on the house.  I knew I should say no, but Anna insisted. She returned with a Brownie Bite - a small brownie square with a small scoop of ice cream.  It was heavenly - the brownie was still warm and gooey inside.  When Anna returned with my bill she asked if I enjoyed the brownie.  Without thinking (yet again!) my first response was "It was better than sex", to which she responded "That's what I was hoping for".  I left her a big tip and floated out of there.

The moral of the story -- ummmm, you decide.  Until then, as always, Stay Safe And Pretty, Sweeties.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down Memory Lane -- In Pumps

Blog Entey #130! - Where Everbody Wants To Know Your Name

Brief Encounter - Lasting Impression