At Long Last Out!

 


I've been away from home most of the summer - mid-June to early August - and unable to enjoy any "Julie Time". Partly because most of my wardrobe was in Spokane, and partly because Florida in July is WAY too hot for a wig! I got home over a week ago, and FINALLY had a day out!

It was a Sunday, and since my SO had the car I was relegated to the bus. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy using public transportation. It allows for more interaction with the world. However, it does make scheduling a bit tricky. But that's half the fun!


"Is that woman staring at me? I hope so!"

I bused to downtown with a planned stop or two, but also wanted to just enjoy being out. First stop was my favorite bookstore. (actually the ONLY locally owned bookstore in town) I had a gift card and needed to see how much was still on it. Turns out, not nearly enough to buy anything, but that doesn't stop a gal from browsing.

Do I really need more books? (do I really need more air?)

Research

As I walked around downtown I realized a difference between "Him" and "Her". Julie is more open to someone asking for money. I've known this for a while, but this day I realized why. When approached with "Ma'am, can you spare a dollar?" it validates my presence. I get treated like a lady, and if I offer a dollar it extends the conversation. This also happens more when I'm out by myself, that is, when I don't have a conversational companion.  Hmmmm. OK, enough with the psychoanalysis. 

Time For A Photo! (btw - these shoes are SO comfy!)

I stopped in at Indaba Coffee for a cool down. I thought I recognized a gal sitting there, but I was mistaken. This experience made me realize that when Julie is out and about, my radar is OVER activated. Self preservation? Maybe.

Iced Tea with Lemonade - Yummy!

As usually happens, the time came that I needed to find a Ladies Room. Selecting the best Ladies Lounge is no problem - it's either Nordstrom's or The Davenport Hotel. Since the Mall was closer, Nordstrom's it was. I don't recall the last time I saw this facility so crowded. Usually I take care of business, then snap a pic or two in the lounge area. But with the traffic this afternoon, I didn't dare take out my camera. Just a quick lipstick check then on my way.

On a previous outing in the Nordstrom's Lounge

Hmmmm - same skirt!

Then it was time to get back on the bus and head home. 

Two cougars in the Bus Plaza

It felt great to be out again, only one thing would have made it better. I hope to schedule a Sister Friends Outing soon. And when I do, you'll hear all about it, believe me! Until then . . . 

Stay Safe And Pretty, Sweeties!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

National Girls Night Out - A Pictoral Essay

Becoming A Woman

Wearing The Bra - Revisited