Blog Post #170! And a Special Event
Wow - 170 posts. And I had a wonderful experience to report on, too.
![]() |
| OOTD |
I had to take the bus to run an errand or two, and since it was Monday morning I went with the "Office Gal" look. I walked to the bus stop - a different one than I usually take. There was a woman sitting there waiting for the bus, so I stood slightly behind her. She immediately turned to me to ask about the bus schedule. Making a long story short, it turns out there was a detour on this route and the stop we were at was "Closed". We had to walk about 6 blocks to another stop, which meant some real conversation. If she did register that I was a "guy in a dress", she never showed it. She asked my name, shared her story, and we hit it off.
![]() |
| My make-up was spot on, that probably helped. |
We got to the next bus stop, and there was another woman already there. We engaged her in conversation and I felt like one of the girls. (a feeling that doesn't often happen for me) The bus came, we got on, and all went about our day.
My first stop was Staples, and just outside the door were 2 women obviously selling something. As I was going in, they got my attention and I said I'd catch them on the way out.
![]() |
| Hard at work - not a flattering angle, though |
As I exited, I was true to my word and went to speak with them. They were fundraising for The Nature Conservatory (www.nature.org). She was intent on getting my money, so I don't think it mattered to her who I was or how I was dressed. We chatted, laughed, and she "high five"-ed me twice. (she had a pretty manicure, by comparison I felt like my hands were naked)
Next it was on to Dollar Tree, buying some "necessaries". C'mon - if I can pay $1.25 for the exact same brand and size I could get for twice as much at the Big Grocery Store, I'm doin' it!
At the register, I put my items on the belt. As the man in front of me was being rung up, the cashier asked him if my items were part of his order. He simply said, "No, those are hers." The cashier looked at me, I corroberated, and he gave me a nice smile. I don't know if he saw through my presentation, but when it was my turn, he treated me like a lady.
All this to say, the biggest stumbling block to living our lives can be US. Step out in confidence, be who you are. The feeling will carry you through the day like you're walking on a cloud.
Stay Safe And Pretty, Sweeties.






Comments
Post a Comment