Boldly Going Where She Hasn't Gone Before

 I have shared this story elsewhere, but here it is - officially - with a bit more detail.  But first, and most importantly, the Outfit Of That Day. Cream colored body suit/leotard, pink leggings (with pantyhose underneath for warmth) grey sweater and tennis shoes.

(add to this my Purple Peacoat and that's how I started the day.)

Forgive the Restroom Setting - a gal grabs these photos where she can

BACKSTORY - our debit card had not been working.  I tried an online payment and an In App food order, both rejected the card. 

So, I was starting our weekly Saturday morning shopping.  First stop was Target where our debit card was again rejected.  I paid cash and left, wondering what to do.  Our credit union has a branch office right across the street from Target, and they are open Saturday mornings, however . . . 

THIS is not the face on my Legal ID (but this IS my purple peacoat)

What to do?? I needed the card, but didn't want to find a place to change clothes before going into the CU.  Well, I AM an actor. So in I went, with quite a bit of a bold front since I NEVER actually go into this branch.

I approached the front desk and the lady greeted me with a smile.  She let me know they could take care of it - they can print debit cards on site - but she'd have to take me to the manager.  I sat in his office as he explained that their CU's debit cards had been hacked recently, so they put a hold on ALL the cards.  (OUR card had not been hacked, thankfully) He'd been issuing new ones for 5 days so it was not a problem.  He just needed my ID . . . 


Oh Boy - here we go!

I pulled my license out of my purse and started, "I am an actor, and I'm on my way to an audition for a web series about trans women.  But I had to get this problem taken care of, so here I am."  He smiled, and then complimented me on my looks!  As we chatted he asked questions - about the series, how long I'd been acting, and like that.  I left there with a new debit card and a new feeling of feminine euphoria!

Once I got back into my car, I shot a video.



I finished the day's chores in a pink fog!  

The moral of the story -- if you move forward with purpose, acting like you belong there, you can get away with a LOT!

Still -- Stay Safe And Pretty, Sweeties.

Comments

  1. Heck, I've been stopped by a cop for going 20 over the limit. All he wanted to do was make his quota, and not hassle me for what I was wearing. For the most part, I've found that people don't care what you're wearing as long as you are trying to blend in....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Down Memory Lane -- In Pumps

Blog Entey #130! - Where Everbody Wants To Know Your Name

Brief Encounter - Lasting Impression